Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:19 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 317 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:07 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Dave wrote:
I don't know what to say, honestly I don't. I've read all your replies, read what my good friend Neil McSweeney has wrote ( and he should know, I've loved his songs for a few years now!) Pills are not the answer, god I know that. They've given me an ache in my leg, a limp dick, all sorts of side effects. On the up side they've helped me lose weight and be a nicer more balanced person. But why do I feel I need them?? I'm the most stable I've felt for years, but there's still a voice in me telling me I'm rubbish, worthless , crap, no good....I try to fight it, but it's there. I'm feeling bad now that I've resurected all this shit and made everyone look at it again. I have the most grounded, gorgeous girl at my side, two fantastic kids who I'm so proud of I could spontainiously combust, I make a half decent living, live in a beautiful home, eat good food......what the FUCK have I got to be depressed about? I honestly and truthfully don't know. But that horrible gnawing feeling of worthlessness is in my stomach and after 20 years is starting to piss me off in a more than depressed way. Maybe I'm a mentalist who should just get the fuck on with it...... I don't know, who does??? Thanks to everyone who's been brave and honest enough to answer this thread, maybe one day they'll discover that drinking your own piss once a day is the secret to a happy life, in which case I'll be miserable for a few more years to come.

That's precicely it though, it's not circumstantial. The main thing is you don't go beating yourself up about it, that's just another unneccessary pressure. You just have to find the right path, and there are many. Best of luck mate!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:52 pm 
Hawleytastic!

The Baroness wrote:
Dave - see if you can get some cognitive therapy - its supposed to be very good.

http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/diseases/depression/cognitivetherapy_000439.htm

I had that very, very helpful :D Was getting to the piont when I didn't want to go to busy places and be at work when it was busy now I am fine can go to White Rose Centre no problem :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:17 pm 
Too much time on my hands

Hmmm... Dave..... before deciding on cbt maybe you should visit the BACP website - British Association of Counselling & Psychotherapy - where you can find out what different therapies are on offer and what they can do for you - you can also find therapists in your area if you have to wait too long through the GP (and it will probably be time limited CBT if you go through GP). Anyway, only you can decide if that is the avenue you want to take - I wish you all the very best x

Mr McSweeney - great article - you certainly know your stuff and beautifully written, in my humble opinion x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:24 am 
Hawley Groupie

I would just like to thank everyone who has posted on this subject. I have been diagnosed with acute stress reaction and I am trying really hard to avoid medication. I recognise so many of the feelings you have all described. I don't feel so bad about feeling bad if you know what I mean.
Dave I don't know you but I sending my love and best wishes. Hope things get better soon. My mum used to say 'even this will pass' hard to believe sometimes!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:15 pm 

mph wrote:
i think this thread goes a long way to explaining why this forum is special. a motley crew of individuals, many who have never met, able to open up and share and care their thoughts and emotions with each other. all bonded together by the common love of richard's music. it's a pastoral retreat sometimes.

Couldn't have put it better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:53 pm 
Flange cheese munching cockend

Bradford Lass wrote:
mph wrote:
i think this thread goes a long way to explaining why this forum is special. a motley crew of individuals, many who have never met, able to open up and share and care their thoughts and emotions with each other. all bonded together by the common love of richard's music. it's a pastoral retreat sometimes.

I'm sure thats what tipped me over the edge in the first place! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:12 pm 

Dave wrote:
Bradford Lass wrote:
mph wrote:

I'm sure thats what tipped me over the edge in the first place! :wink:

That made me smile! You have still got that sense of humour which is so evident in your posts Dave - hang on to that! x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:21 pm 
'Thinks he's a bit of alright'

Don't know why, but have suddenly come over feeling all depressed today. Feel very lonely isolated and down. Can't even be bothered to make myself any lunch. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:34 pm 
Hawleytastic!

I wish I knew how to cheer you up, Sophster. I'm sometimes going through days like that as well. Tomorrow will be brighter!

http://soundcloud.com/the-sellers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:19 pm 

Thanks. I hope so. It the hottest day of the year i should be enjoying myself sat outside in the sun!!! Not moping. Oh well school tomorrow. I'm sure the kids will do something that'll cheer me up. thanks for the support. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:07 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Get 'that dress' and 'those shoes' on and walk down the road. The wolf whistles will cheer you up! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:17 pm 

Hmmmm... Now theres an idea!!! :*: :*: :*:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:36 pm 
Secretly Canadian

Just make sure Dave's had it cleaned from when he last wore it.

"you ain't afraid of no alleyway when you are the thing in the dark"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:16 am 
I need a life

I had sever depression last year, I was doped and I was waiting for a cognitive therapy which never happened. I got better by myself.
Ever since I been at University, my life changed, once you find something that fullfill your life depression goes away. Don't relay in doctors or therapies, the best remedy is yourself! My life overall, is still not a bed of roses, but at least I know, that I am good at something, and I work hard for it.
Think about what you want to do in your life, and do it if possible!!!

ALL THE BEST :thumright:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:15 pm 
Hawley Groupie

McSweeney wrote:
interesting thread. so much so that I began to post a reply and got completely carried away. I stuck here rather than clogging up the forum:

http://neilmcsweeney.tumblr.com/

have a gander if you can be bothered. comments welcome

Neil I read your article and was very interested. I wanted to let my daughter read it but the link doesn't appear to work anymore. Can you direct me to it again please. Thanks

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 317 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next