Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:22 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:09 pm 
Waitrose Warrior

IT'S CHRISTMAS!!!

PEACE AND GOODWILL TO ALL.

sheesh kebab :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:13 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Mince pie anyone?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:14 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Luke M wrote:
IT'S CHRISTMAS!!!

PEACE AND GOODWILL TO ALL.

sheesh kebab :roll:

i love sheesh kebabs with garlic sauce :wink: ....... anyhoo (don't tell rita) :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:14 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Small sherry?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:15 pm 
Waitrose Warrior

Jan H wrote:
Small sherry?

A large Scotch please.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:30 pm 
Hawleytastic!

catsandbooks wrote:
So ... I'm off to open a bottle of wine

Any excuse, how inhumane of you.. :*: :tongue:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:34 pm 
Hawleytastic!

:*: :*: ... I lied. It's not australian ... I've gone for argentinian shiraz ... but I have no mince pies :( ... so am going to have to settle for the whole tin of Roses instead :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:18 am 
Hot piece of Sheffield ass!

Jan H wrote:
"I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas" (in terms of snow, that is, and not political incorrectness :wink: )

:*: :*:
I just used a really tasty south African Shiraz(N I'd have kicked my own arse for buying anthing for south africa a few years ago...now look at me, "but it's really good"...fucking grown up and calmed down, now wearing the blue and brown) to make some Grogg/mulled wine, put too much vodka in and I am now drunk of my arse waiting for the pizza to be ready,

merry shmishmas

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:09 am 
Hawleytastic!

Oooh ... grogg ... is that the Finnish mullled wine thing with almonds and raisins and lots of vodka added to the red wine :*: ... I have some in the cupboard a lovely Finnish guest gave me ... it's too late for tonight ... but maybe next week.

I'm not pissed ... :roll: ... think I can have another glass of wine .... and some more chocolate :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:14 am 
Hot piece of Sheffield ass!

I am very drunk..yes it's that stuff you said. My husband gently sugfgested it mignt not be good to post on the computer for the rest of the night, but of course I never take his advice andf just horrified my family on faceboopk,,, it was just too tasty to stop drinking.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:34 am 
Hawleytastic!

How's the head? :*:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:24 am 
Scone hoarding gobshite

mylifesexample wrote:
I am very drunk..yes it's that stuff you said. My husband gently sugfgested it mignt not be good to post on the computer for the rest of the night, but of course I never take his advice andf just horrified my family on faceboopk,,, it was just too tasty to stop drinking.

:*: :*: :*:

that reminds me of when yer text when yer pissed and yer read it back the next day :oops: :oops: :oops: sometimes i delete them first and then its even worse cos yer cant remember what yer put! :*:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:50 am 
Hawleytastic!

Sorry, I'm not letting it go. It's the rant section after all.

luckyman wrote:

snapper wrote:
I think the only offensive thing about the whole scenario is the amount of attention given to what was a pretty crap joke. I think a lot of people are offended *far* too easily over insignificant things.

Well snapper I wonder what would happen if one of your nieces or daughters (don't know if you have any) happened to be abused and drugged , and a 'comedian' happened to make a 'joke' about the abuser as the court case was going on ....you would call it 'insignificant things' ?? Seems people get more worked up about me daring to question why this arsehole's books are still getting sold in WH.Smith (how very alternative! - more like Establishment!), why he still has a tv contract and why his 'award' has not been removed ?

He made an unfunny joke about the abuser's appearance - that's all. Didn't go into detail about the case. It will not affect the sentencing, of that I'm certain.. If I had a child who'd been abused and someone in public made an idiotic comment that upset me (and it wouldn't have been this particular one), sure I'd be very angry. And I'd make a point of it by contacting them myself and *shaming them personally*. I wouldn't expect anyone else to do it and I think this would make the person think twice about doing it again.

I'm still struggling to figure out what was particularly offensive about his comment. Is it what he said? I've read through it a few times - it's a crap joke. Or the timing? - So it would be ok in a few months?

My bemusement at occurrences like this comes from the fact that a lot of people will get *very* worked up, write letters, make phone calls etc to complain about something that has nothing to do with them other than them being offended on someone else's behalf ie: the whole Andrew Sachs thing. But when there is something very serious and what *I* would call significant - oh, off the top of my head as an example.... saw something on the news the other week reiterating the fact that it would cost the West, as a whole, $25 billion to establish clean drinking water systems to everyone in the world who needs it - but our govts won't do it, despite all the positive knock on effects for everyone, us included. The US alone has spent $12 billion a *month* in Iraq since 2003. *That* gets me angry. But no one complains about stuff like this, they save their complaining for, yes, insignificant things like comedians.

It is often said that our culture has dumbed down. On this evidence it's the public who are dumber and getting the culture they deserve.

- http://www.chrismsaunders.co.uk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:50 pm 
Flange cheese munching cockend

Luckyman, you're a cock.

Stop you're whining and do us all a favour and flounce off again.

.......Or shall I just start deleting your posts like last time?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:08 pm 
Hawleytastic!

snapper wrote:
Sorry, I'm not letting it go. It's the rant section after all.

:( Oh well, we tried ... good post though snapper ... and not personalised which is always a good thing. :D

Very timely too given the outbreak of cholera in Zimbabwe. We take for granted our own access to clean water and forget that it is one of the most important aspects of improving public health.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next