Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:46 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Gas and Leccy
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:35 pm 
Gimmie 6 !

So i recently changed provider from Npower to good old British Gas. Npower wanted to charge me £80 for gas and £55 leccy per month and as you can never get through to them i though fuck em and did one. British Gas said they would put it at the same price and see how the meter readings go and look at it from there.

So i got my quarterly bill the other day.

£105 credit on the Gas and £113 leccy!!!!!!!! Get in.

I have been making sure everything is switched off and the heating is on a timer to come on about 6 hours a day then pop it on if it's freezing.

Lovely xmas gift, cheers :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:00 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Nice one! Wsh ours was the same, received our bill this morning, we're not paying enough by DD and owe £150 - booo!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 3:04 pm 
Flange cheese munching cockend

ShedsClaire wrote:
Nice one! Wsh ours was the same, received our bill this morning, we're not paying enough by DD and owe £150 - booo!

Do what Hoy's done. tell 'em to bollocks, change supplier and fuck 'em!

Npower bastards tried to raise my DD by £84 a month!! ........Robbing bastards.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 3:26 pm 
Site Admin

Just tell them you don't want to change your direct debit, they can't force you to do it, they just play on the fact that people think they have to accept what their provider tells them.

Just have a look at last year's bills, add a bit for the rise in cost and decide for yourself how much you want to pay a month.

https://www.facebook.com/LiamMcKaheyandtheBodies
https://cousteaux.com/music

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:27 am 
Hawleytastic!

Off topic a bit - if you get BT phoning you up asking you to return to them for landline calls - say "I would, but you sister company Openreach planted a telegraph pole outside my house a while ago and that was when I moved away from BT - I complained to the Regional Boss - and he just said they are within their power to place telegraph poles where ever they like - and don't need local authority planning permission - the last company I will be asking to supply my landline telephone calls will be BT..."

True story - it happened to me - the last person to call from BT was obviously so incencesed - by the roughshod approach of their employer to the general public they put the phone down on me ...happy days :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:57 am 
Hawley Groupie

Got an email from my mum this morning:

Quote:
Just got a huge bill from the robbing electricity company! Even though I walk around with a thermal jacket, boots and a hat it's still huge! This is after I heard a report on the radio about our ex pats in Spain asking the government for help because their pension does not stretch as far as it used to because of the weak £. This made me so angry! They still receive the cold weather allowance of £250 per year even though they don't need it, and after all, it was their choice to move there and spend their pensions in the Spanish economy!! I'm hopping!!!

And then rather touchingly adds:

Quote:
Love you loads, Mum

Luckily for the guests at the B&B she calmed down, then! :shock:

I wonder if it would make her feel any better if I told her it's -35 C here in Minnesota right now? :wink:

PS. I hope she hasn't been reading the Daily Heil...

the end.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:47 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Christ....just got my gas and leccy bills from PowerGen for the last quarter and they do nothing to dispel my post Christmas gloom. Energy is supposed to be costing less than it did a few months ago, but any reduction is certainly not reflected in by bills. Greedy bastards all of them - Looks like an air ticket for a trip abroad I was saving for will have to wait a bit now. Greedy, greedy bastards - all of 'em :-(. Cheers, Steve.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:03 pm 
Site Admin

Just got my power bills. Electric is fine. Gas - appalling.

I don't use much gas - it runs my heating, hot water and cooker. I don't cook much other than at weekends as I get my main meal at work.

I haven't actually had the heating on much this year, had it on through the cold spell but realised over the past month or so I have barely turned it on.

I give them on line meter readings so it is accurate.

I owe them £152. I thought it might be around £40 that I owe but no, the price is now so horrendously high. Naturally they now want to increase my payments (to more than double) because I owe this. But I am only four months into my payment year and it being the tail end of the winter they should expect that I owe them with the summer payments paying it off. And I thought the prices were now supposed to drop.

https://www.facebook.com/LiamMcKaheyandtheBodies
https://cousteaux.com/music

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:59 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Our combined Gas & Electricity bill has doubled this year - and there are now only two of us at home as our son is away at uni most of time .... :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:03 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

I absolutely adore snow but.............. am dreading the gas bill after this evtended cold spell :cry: :x :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:11 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

My job is an energy assessor for residential and commercial buildings. The vast majority of houses I see have virtually no insulation in the attic. You would all save an absolute fortune if you got them properly insulated. ALSO - a great deal of people are eligible for free cavity wall insulation as well as free loft insulation. I had my cavities filled (phnar phnar!) a couple of years ago and last winter I got £840 rebate from British Gas. Do it people!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:14 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Poppy Dog wrote:
Off topic a bit.........
You're a brave chap going off topic round these parts. :shock: :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:01 pm 
Hawleytastic!

I moved from Eon to British Gas in December having seen my bill doubled in a year. I had been an Eon customer for 15 years. I did this based on calculation having tracked useage etc for over a year and reconded to save around £280 per year. This may reduce for the good because I have had cavity wall insulation installed in the summer and my gas useage overall should drop by around £140.00.
Eon tried (obviously) to persuade me to stay promising future price cuts but I ignored them. A couple of weeks later a "senior" call centre person rang and offered me a reduced rate which I rejected as being not as good as BG. He then offered me an even better prices - still not competative and I rejected it. He then said "I shouldn't really offer you this but I will give you our best price - we don't make any money on this (I laughed out loud!). He repeated this again and I said it still isn't good enough but very close but why didn't you offer me a good deal before I changed to BG and hung-up on him! :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:53 am 
Hawleytastic!

We just changed to Eon, hopefully it will be cheaper for us. :?: We have been overcharged by over £400 for our gas by NPower, we only use a tiny amount as I have a gas hob for cooking, no other gas appliances. Hopefully they can deduct that from our electric, we have storage heaters so it costs a lot to run them in this cold weather.

We don't have cavity walls to fill, but could probably do with a bit more loft insulation. It makes sense to save energy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:22 am 
Hawleytastic!

JohnnyNewEggs wrote:
Poppy Dog wrote:
Off topic a bit.........
You're a brave chap going off topic round these parts. :shock: :wink:

That was 2008 - I was a wild child in them days - still hate BT Openreach with a vengence tho' :twisted: