All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:08 pm 
Hot piece of Sheffield ass!

we left it to soak over night :roll: :*:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:26 pm 
Site Admin

Makes me feel better that EDF wanted to raise my gas from £18 a month to £33 - they've not started on the electric side yet, I pay £28 a month. Two years ago I was paying £7 a month for gas and £12 for electric and rarely owed them anything.

EDF gave me a payment card for each account so I can go to one of their paypoints and make an additional payment any time if I want to keep the direct debits down to fit with my budget.

As I have to read our block's electric meter regularly I've taken to reading my own so when they write to me saying they want to put the payments up, I write back telling them what I want to pay them (that £28 electric payment was going to be over £40) and they usually accept it.

https://www.facebook.com/LiamMcKaheyandtheBodies
https://cousteaux.com/music

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:59 pm 
Too much time on my hands

Since finally getting Npower to take out the previous tenant's prepayment meter in April we haven't yet had a bill. After numerous phonecalls, they tell us they still have us down as having a prepayment meter.
After putting in a complaint and being told I will definitely be rung back - nothing. But i'm sure they'll get their arse in gear when they find out what we actually owe them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:16 pm 
Hawleytastic!

The Baroness wrote:

Why don't people care about people any more instead of making rules over the shape of carrots or banning the wearing of poppies, or the term "british" in case they offend anybody - the world has gone mad!

Sorry, rant over........... I think the old SAD has kicked in! :?

I know exactly what you mean Baroness. I was given change of £20 the other day when I'd only handed over a tenner ..... when I told the young girl on the till she was overwhelmed with my honesty. Considering I'm out of work and the redundancy money is rapidly running out I could easily have just pocketed it. And holding shop doors open for oaps - their surprise and humility when I do it makes me feel so sad that our society has sunk so low that it's not natural for everyone.

I take heart in that I have brought my kids up with my 'old fashioned' values, and I am proud of them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:21 am 
Resident YouTube tech guru

I'd like to know why British gas doubled my direct debit, when I have one gas fire which was turned off for four months in the summer, no other gas appliances whatever, and was in credit!! They checked, and apparently it's correct :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:10 am 
Hawleytastic!

Same here, our gas bill has doubled from £2 per month to £4!! Previously we were paying £1 a month and building up a bit of credit. :roll: I only have a gas hob and don't overfill the kettle to make a cup of tea. I dread to think what our electric bill will be, we have storage heaters.

My Hubby is currently installing a log burner so that should be working soon, I hope.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:19 am 

Think I'll throw another servant on the fire :*: :wink:
My Dad always recalled that in the winter of 1947 they had no coal, so had to burn old shoes....Now there's a thought :*:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:40 am 
Flange cheese munching cockend

The thing is, I have a boiler, I use the shower or bath once a day, use the gas hob occasionally, use a bit of leccy for PC, telly, kettle etc.......I'm in an apartment surrounded by other apartments so it's always warm and never put the radiators on, although the boiler man said I had to have the one in the hall on permanent coz it has no guage and the boiler heathas to go soewhere? :eh?

So which company is the cheapest these days? and is it worth swopping and changing supplier??

It fucks me off. :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:49 am 
Site Admin

don't do anything rash, there are many options..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:52 am 
Hawleytastic!

Try this ...

http://www.uswitch.com/gas-electricity/ppc/gas-electricity/?gclid=CO-BqteD8ZYCFQuJ1QoduDkmZA

I switched to eon ... almost did a freudian eion then :? ... a while back and got tied into some deal .. which means my combined gas/electric doesn't go up until 2009 or 2010 ... my bills are pretty low anyway and I always seem to pay too much each month 'cos somehow I keep managing to reduce my usage. I have energy saving light bulbs, never have stuff on standby, switch stuff off if not listening/watching, turn down thermo, have lined curtains, got the roof space insulated this year ... it all helps and although I think on that energy chart thing they do for houses now I'm about a C or D 'cos it's an old place, my costs are low. :roll: :roll: Yep, and probably having to work away from home keeps it down too. :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:01 am 

catsandbooks wrote:
Try this ...

http://www.uswitch.com/gas-electricity/ppc/gas-electricity/?gclid=CO-BqteD8ZYCFQuJ1QoduDkmZA

I switched to eon ... almost did a freudian eion then :? ... a while back and got tied into some deal .. which means my combined gas/electric doesn't go up until 2009 or 2010 ... my bills are pretty low anyway and I always seem to pay too much each month 'cos somehow I keep managing to reduce my usage. I have energy saving light bulbs, never have stuff on standby, switch stuff off if not listening/watching, turn down thermo, have lined curtains, got the roof space insulated this year ... it all helps and although I think on that energy chart thing they do for houses now I'm about a C or D 'cos it's an old place, my costs are low. :roll: :roll: Yep, and probably having to work away from home keeps it down too. :evil:

I've done all that shyte.......recently went through the place with the energy saving light bulbs, dont leave shit on standby. I even recycle for christs sake (and that's some glass bottles I can tell you!)

I have a digital thermo that needs a bastard science technician to program........

Yours sincerely

Fucked off from Sheffield.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:04 am 

Switch everything off & sit under an army blanket. :colors:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:05 am 
Hawleytastic!

:roll: Maybe you're all soft gits up north whereas us hardy southerners can cope with the heating down low? :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:11 am 

catsandbooks wrote:
:roll: Maybe you're all soft gits up north whereas us hardy southerners can cope with the heating down low? :?

I don't have the bloody heating on woman!!!! :roll: :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:26 am 
Hawleytastic!

:shock: Don't you bloody woman me or you'll know all about heat!