Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:59 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:30 am 
Flange cheese munching cockend

catsandbooks wrote:
:shock: Don't you bloody woman me or you'll know all about heat!

Think I'm scared of you!!!??? :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:35 am 
Hawleytastic!

:roll: :roll: sh*t.

*swigs on wine* Note to self ... do not mess with the men in pink

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:08 pm 
I need a life

You should change to Scottish Atlantic, I swap to them from British Gas and electricity and I we are saving so much money.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:41 pm 
Site Admin

The cheapness can depend on where you live, not just on the supplier. They seem to have different rates for different areas of the country.

https://www.facebook.com/LiamMcKaheyandtheBodies
https://cousteaux.com/music

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:17 pm 
Site Admin

Just got a mortgage change letter from Abbey - this is not in response to the 1.5% drop but whatever the last drop in rates was. So mine actually goes up in cost by 1p a month! They do at least say at the foot of the letter that there will be a further reduction of the 1.5% in December but they will write about that later.

I just have a normal repayment mortgage so I had expected it to go down, even if just by a couple of pounds.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:12 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Dave wrote:
Not the shyte group from the 90's but the robbing bastard energy company who've just taken it on themselves to raise my standing order payment from £40 a month to £124 a month!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

British Gas did something similar to us - raising the electric from £30 to £80 a month - I tried to contact them but got tired of hanging on - so switched to another provider - they rang me several weeks later offering a reduction to £45 a month with a guarantee of 6% discount on future unit prices until the end of 2009 - I told them I was not going to switch back - however I stated I probably would be back in the future as my new provider will no doubt piss me off just like they had done.

I am looking at having a wind turbine set up - it'll save money and annoy the neighbours - or maybe I could build a nuclear reactor in the garage...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:57 pm 
Hawley Groupie

British Gas put my Gas up from £19 to £30 a month which I suppose isn't too bad compared to some people. They haven't tinkered with the leccy side YET. Needless to say I now wear thicker jumpers and thermal socks, have extra blankets on the bed. Live on salads and hot drinks and on my Xmas list for Santa is a torch, candles and a box of matches. Merry f**kin' Christmas to me! :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:22 pm 
Site Admin

Can we lay the blame for this recession at the feet of the power industry as it seems to be the huge rise in cost of that which is causing most people to have to cut back on things.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:29 pm 
Hawley Groupie

I think it all starts with the cost of oil which puts up the price of petrol and the fuel which has a huge knock on effect everywhere and of course the global credit crunch. The only people making money are the charity shops which in a way is a good thing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:16 pm 
Too much time on my hands

Npower have now sent me a bill for £2.22. Considering that I haven't paid anything since April, that's quite reasonable. Or could it be that Npower have made a mistake? Surely not.

Just rung them (again) and been told, 'oh yeah, someone has been trying to ring you.' Well I've been at home for the last 3 days solid, you didn't try very bloody hard, did you.

And i've been asked if i can read my own meter, because if it's dark in the room, the meter reader won't have a torch with him. If i could read my own meter, then i wouldn't have been communicating with them about reading it since september and i wouldn't have put in a complaint.
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:04 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Eoin wrote:
£124 ??? :shock: Dave, you are not still using the old electric chair instead of the microwave to heat your dinner? I know its quicker and all that, especially for cats but.. fuck !

We're with British Gas for electricity and gas - electricity has just gone from £40 to £79 - same old story - we'll give you your electricity cheaper ... for a year ... until you have a massive deficit, then we'll triple your bill :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:01 am 
Resident YouTube tech guru

Doesn't it drive you mad when the meter reader shoves a card through your letterbox, saying ''Sorry you weren't in when we called''? Bollocks! They never even bother to knock - I've watched them do it :x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:24 pm 
Too much time on my hands

loftyeric2 wrote:
Doesn't it drive you mad when the meter reader shoves a card through your letterbox, saying ''Sorry you weren't in when we called''? Bollocks! They never even bother to knock - I've watched them do it :x

My last meter reader was supposed to call between 12 and 4. I was going away, so arranged for my dad to be in. He got there at 11.30 to find a card through the door which said 13.35 on it. What is the point of electricity boards offering to do this if they can't be bothered? They may as well just scrap it, and make sure that everyone has an accessible meter that they are able to read themselves.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:31 am 
Resident YouTube tech guru

I took a whole day off work waiting for a new gas meter, which never did turn up. When I rang them they said they'd not been able to get to me, and they'd re-schedule. I'm still waiting - 18 months later :roll: