Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:02 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: smoking
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:30 pm 
Hawley Groupie

i just got told off for smoking outside the place i work.

WHAT THE FUCK. it was raining....(like it always does in stoke)...so i ran to a slight shelter there is located at the side of the building. it's outside, it's just covered by maybe 3 bricks so it's perfect for staying dry when it's raining and enjoying a fine malboro red...

so i get outside and dash to the 'spot' only to find it located by two clowns who aren't smoking...simply hiding under it because they're too fucking stupid to realise if THEY WALK 20M THEY WILL BE INSIDE AND DRY. so i squeeze in next to them and light up, they immediately ask me to move if i'm going to smoke....and me being too soft slowly withdraw from the 'shelter' and smoke my cigarette in the rain. pissing RAIN.

AHHHHH!

thank you :)

www.last.fm/user/music_and_me

Post subject: Re: smoking
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:58 pm 
Hawleytastic!

music_and_me wrote:

WHAT THE FUCK. it was raining....(like it always does in stoke)...so i ran to a slight shelter there is located at the side of the building. it's outside, it's just covered by maybe 3 bricks so it's perfect for staying dry when it's raining and enjoying a fine malboro red...

so i get outside and dash to the 'spot' only to find it located by two clowns who aren't smoking...simply hiding under it because they're too fucking stupid to realise if THEY WALK 20M THEY WILL BE INSIDE AND DRY. so i squeeze in next to them and light up, they immediately ask me to move if i'm going to smoke....and me being too soft slowly withdraw from the 'shelter' and smoke my cigarette in the rain. pissing RAIN.

AHHHHH!

Not fair.
You should have told them what to do with themselves! In no uncertain terms!
I'm a non-smoker, but that is utterly unreasonable. You were outside!!!
As it is, smokers have to go to sometimes ridiculous lengths to have their cigarette.
Cheek of them! :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:01 pm 
Geordie Admin Dominatrix

Yes, it's not illegal (yet.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:12 pm 
Hawley Groupie

wooo some support!

i thought after i'd submitted the post that maybe some folks would say "well...they shouldn't have to breath in your nasty smoke"

but yeah, thank you :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:19 pm 
Geordie Admin Dominatrix

I am an avid non smoker, I wouldn't do it myself and i have been the victim of selfish smokers (those who smoke all over you, drop fag ends in your garden and think that's ok 'cos they've afforded you the courtesy of not smoking in your house)but i defend anyone's right to do what they want to do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:37 pm 
Hawleytastic!

you obviously need this. check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHcAD48Ye5M

warning. it's very, very rude!!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:47 pm 
Hawleytastic!

music_and_me wrote:

AHHHHH!

you should've set fire to them. harsh but fair.

NEWLY UPDATED!!!! Feel Free To Stop By...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:55 pm 
Hawleytastic!

:*:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:40 pm 
Flange cheese munching cockend

Dave Woodcock wrote:
you should've set fire to them. harsh but fair.

.....and refuse to piss on them if the flames get too high!

.....I stopped smoking for about 2 years. This years trauma soon brought it back on. I missed the dirty, nasty bastards like an old soothing friend! I agree with the ban indoors and pubs and stuff, but FFS, If we choose to kill ourselfs outdoors this way, then so be it!

BTW mothers, fathers, chavs who smoke while pushing prams or in the car with kids should also be burned.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:45 pm 
Resident YouTube tech guru

I've never smoked, but up until two years ago had never not lived with people who do. That's probably why it doesn't bother me unduly. I was always more worried by thoughts of the house going up in smoke due to a fag end down the sofa.
Completely agree with maggie about the ignorance of the folks who blow smoke in your face & leave dog ends around, almost as if to say 'what are you going to do about it'
I sort of miss the smokyness of a pub. I'd sooner that than have the place full of children to be honest.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:29 am 
Regular

The last place I worked was a huge business park mostly owned by one company but the building I worked in was leased by somebody else. It was a smoke-free campus but we were allowed to smoke outside the security gates (in the parking lots and connecting roads and so on). Well, our company decided they were going completely smoke free which meant we weren't even allowed to smoke outside, in the parking lots (not even in our cars), nowhere on the property. We had to walk all the way out to the main road, which was about 10 minutes walk away up a very steep hill, sometimes in 100 degree heat or driving snow depending on the time of year. The company which owned most of the park however, did not have the same policy so their people were still hanging around the gates puffing away while our lot were getting official warnings for trying to grab a quick drag in the backs of their vans. Ridiculous.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:14 am 
Gimmie 6 !

we have a shed, still get memos round saying don't smoke outside the doors, if you wanna smoke outside i don't see what the problem is, they'll be stopping us piss next!

what more can a man enjoy!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:10 am 
Hawley Groupie

what a wonderful start to the day! all these comments made me smile :)

i agree with the burning of folks who smoke with prams.

i was once asked for a ciggie from a woman who was clearly pregnant...i refused to give her one and promptly got called a 'tight cunt'

still makes me laugh to this day! some people...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:48 am 
I need a life

This is just another example of the NANNY STATE BOLLOCKS, I mean, people is been smoking for hundreds of years, no one complained, you always had people having a fag and a pint in the pub, having a chat, you know, perfectly normal. All that nonsense of the deadly dangers of smoking well may be true, but would be nice to let people decide for themselves like adults. Personally I'd stop smoking about six years ago, and I am happy for it, but I respect the lot who keep smoking, because after all, is not my bloody business and to be honest I used to enjoy a fag with my mates.
I do mind some moron smoking inside the bus, but in the open air????, or in the pub?, what is the bloody problem with some people. :thumbdown:

Live and let live that's what I say.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:52 am 
Hawley Groupie

big louise you are a HERO.

you'd have my vote :D

i agree 100%.