Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:34 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11053 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 709, 710, 711, 712, 713, 714, 715 ... 737  Next
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:30 pm 
Hawleytastic!

You know it makes sense.

http://youtu.be/EBAv9_E0dXY

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:58 pm 
Hawleytastic!

To the lovely forumers who signed the petition to stop cuts to my son's music school. Just to let you know that the council have withdrawn plans for cuts this financial year and to drop privatisation proposals. However, they still want to cut 50% of our funding next year – and that will come out of teachers terms and conditions, good old Labour, nice to see them sticking to their principles – so the fight goes on. Starting with a big musical lobby of the council meeting, with lots of very loud trombones and the like.

I know some of you lovely people signed it so I want to say thank you very, very much. You are truly lovely and I send you big kisses, with lots of spit, for being so kind and putting yourselves out. And thank you also to Richard, who did send a lovely quote in support. I, in turn, will promise to do lots of embarassing, gin-fuelled mum dancing at the back of various concerts during your long and varied musical career.

Thank you pets and power to the people!!!xxx

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:08 am 
I need a life

glad to hear it went well (to an extent)!

All the best :)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:56 pm 
Hawley Groupie

Wow! That is good (ish) news Live to fight another day, at least. Congrats. Can I join it the mum dancing? It is my favourite thing lately. Even found myself gardening with ipod on, dancing to some weird stuff my daughter had put on it. For some reason I think Im invisible when I'm plugged in.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:20 pm 
Geordie Admin Dominatrix

That's probably the best news you could wish for H, tho not out of the woods yet unfortunately.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:46 am 
Hawleytastic!

Yes, it is my lovely. Got lobby of council tomorrow with full symphonic band playing outside. Should be fun.

The whole thing has meant I've had to get up close and personal with Labour politicians for the first time in years and it's depressed me somewhat. The one I'm dealing with used to work for Price Waterhouse Coopers, is now the CEO of a thinktank and the market is his mantra. Always on about austerity, cutting our cloth, the country can't afford this kind of education when you've got old ladies only getting a 15 minute carer visit.

When Imentioned that the country was in worse debt after the second world war but Labour managed to create the health service, building council housing and create the welfare state, he looked at me like I was a Martian. That's pre-history to those kind of people. They've let the market frame their questions and their answers – you can't get a fag paper between the lot of them.

Makes me think I might vote Green in May. Or volunteer for the Mars programme. Whichever is easier.

Take care petal. xxxxxx

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:32 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Amazed a Labour party type can come out with such stuff...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:02 am 
Resident YouTube tech guru

Oh SH-I-I-T-T! Car window just stopped working. In the wide open position :evil:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:15 am 
The Boss

Poppy Dog wrote:
Amazed a Labour party type can come out with such stuff...

But they aren't labour.....they haven't been for years......I loathe the Tories though,they are nasty mean hearted people that just want to make folks suffer......repressed public school boys should not be allowed to run a country........I was recently asked by three different party's to"get involved"with their campaign.......my replies were unpublishable......... :evil:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:49 am 
Hawley Groupie

loftyeric2 wrote:
Oh SH-I-I-T-T! Car window just stopped working. In the wide open position :evil:

Happened to both my back windows. About a year apart. Both in mid winter, of course. Ford wanted stupid money to fix it. So, take the panel off, force it up and push a bit of wood in to hold it. It will never go down again, in fact it will never do anything again.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 5:16 am 

lynne wrote:
loftyeric2 wrote:

Happened to both my back windows. About a year apart. Both in mid winter, of course. Ford wanted stupid money to fix it. So, take the panel off, force it up and push a bit of wood in to hold it. It will never go down again, in fact it will never do anything again.

:*: Thought I might have to do that, however thought I'd try the technical approach first. Took the panel off & gave the motor a good hard crack with the butt end of a screwdriver, whilst pressing the switch & up it went! Not trusting it to not do it again though, so up it is staying. Bit inconvenient as it's the driver's door & I now have to get out of the car to enter the key code at the car park at work, but it's better than having it open to the world at all the wrong moments. Passenger window went years ago, but in the closed position :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:46 am 
Hawley Groupie

Technical is beyond me. I go for the 'hit it' approach, every time. I like to shout at mechanical things as well. The lawn mower has come in for some serious abuse. Ive kicked and tipped it over several times. It's a pull the cord thing, rips your shoulder out, when you try and start it.

Thought I'd do some gardening, Spring is on the way. Sadly that means, frog/toad metropolis is buzzing. I don't want to stand on them, but they will jump up near my face. The little buggers are invading my sad bit of lawn now. Feel like a right flipping numpty, jumping and ooooooooing every time. Frog/toad metropolis is going to stay a wildlife wilderness. Full of discarded cans, bottles and other stuff people have chucked over the fence.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:48 am 

'Hitting it' is my technical approach! It's reassuring that even in this modern age there are still so many things which can be brought back to life with a good clout. There's probably a bit of science behind that theory. I have a generator with a pull cord - I know exactly what you mean about the shoulder ripping. Try taking out the spark plug if it doesn't start the first few pulls. Turn the engine over, with the fuel tap closed, a few times to un choke it, then heat the electrodes of the plug with a cigarette lighter - do this WELL away from the mower to avoid blowing yourself up :shock: and get the plug back in whilst it's still warm. that often works.

Crikey, your frogs jump high :wink: My house is directly on the pavement, so my drain gets used as a bin. Made a wooden cover for it but got annoyed by mothers letting their little darlings jump on it as they walked by so removed it. Did think about sawing it part way through, so that little Johnny ended up in the drain, but went soft in my old age.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:24 pm 
Hawleytastic!

We bring the lawn mower into the house to dry out for a day or so before the first grass cut of the 'season' - I'm sure it's a liitle known Pagan ritual no longer observed.

It's also a conversation item - people coming in having to get round the thing...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:01 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Jeremy Clarkson is a prize cunt and that is all. x

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11053 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 709, 710, 711, 712, 713, 714, 715 ... 737  Next